Search This Blog

01/08/2009

Penguin Cover Design Awards 2009

The winners for the Penguin Design Award for 2009 was announced recently. The brief was to design a new cover for The Secret History by Donna Tartt, giving the cult classic "a fresh new look...to bring it to a new generation of readers."

First prize went to Peter Adlington from Stockport College
.
.
...and second prize to Jia Ying Gnoh from Staffordshire University.
.
.
.
This link showcases the winners and the shortlisted entries. Do have a browse through, each one of them is a work of art.

1 comment:

Carl V. Anderson said...

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I like many of the shortlisted ones better, particularly Kyle Bean's. The winning cover looks so much like these old 70's book covers that I'm not sure how it appeals to a new generation. But of course that is just me. I'm such a fan of my original hardback version of this that no book cover is going to compete with that one for me.